Hi! I’m Julie, and this is my corner of the Internet.
I’m a 30something geek living in the Arizona desert with my Sainted Husband and toddler son (Little Dude), two cats, a dog, and two monster goldfish.
Things I like:
- Video games, particularly RPGs, MMOs, puzzles, and adventure games
- Fantasy novels, especially YA (as of late)
- Knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, and quilting
- Riding my road bike
- Pictures of adorably small fuzzy creatures
- Dumb jokes and puns
- Doing fancy things in MS Excel
- Bullet lists
Random things to know about me:
- I’m a professional data nerd with a graduate degree in sociology. While I don’t consider myself a math geek, I do enjoy backing up observations with hard data.
- I have bipolar and a touch of OCD, which are well managed thanks to the magic of modern pharmaceuticals
- I’ve had bariatric surgery (VSG) and am very active in support groups
- I’m a “live and let live” atheist and skeptic
- I’ve been described as “culturally midwestern” and “Iowa nice,” as my family has serious roots there